Heart of America Marathon or Relay
September 7, 2020
Join the Run for Central America team, on September 7, 2020 (Labor Day), and take on the challenge to do the Heart of America Marathon or Relay (up to 4 members per team). If you want to make a life-changing impact in the lives of hundreds of families in Central America, we are your team! The race takes place in Columbia, MO and the course highlights views of the scenic Missouri River and picturesque rural landscapes. The Relay Team may have 2 – 4 members who work together to complete the traditional marathon course. Relay legs are 4 miles (Start to Rock Bridge Elementary), 7.5 miles (Rock Bridge Elementary to Cooper’s Landing), 6.9 miles (Cooper’s Landing to Pierpont General Store), and 7.8 miles (Pierpont General Store to Finish).
02 TRAIN WITH OUR TEAM
We’ll have a training program for both runners & run/walkers and meet up to run together on Saturdays starting in late March
03 FUNDRAISE TO HELP FAMILIES IN CENTRAL AMERICA THRIVE
- Raise funds with family and friends. In the weeks ahead we’ll help you create your own individual peer to peer fundraising campaign at runforcentralamerica.com
- The minimum fundraising goal is $600 (that’s $75/month if you start in February), but you can set your goal as high as you want!
- All funds raised will go directly to ENLACE. ENLACE works with church leaders in Central America to design and manage sustainable community development projects such as homes for single moms, small loans for farmers, new school buildings, medical clinics and much more! (Learn more at enlace.link)
04 RUN THE HEART OF AMERICA MARATHON & RELAY
- You can run or run/walk. Our team is for everyone!
- The race is on LABOR DAY September 7
- It’s a beautiful time of year on a beautiful route!
- Check out our website: RunForCentralAmerica.com
- Reach out to the Team Coordinator Dave McGee at: firstname.lastname@example.org