Chicago Half Marathon
September 27th, 2020
Gyms and recreational facilities have been closed, but the streets have remained open for training, and the Chicago Half Marathon is waiting for you this September 27th! Now more than ever, your health and well-being matter. At this same time, families in Central America are extremely hungry after not having been able to work and earn money during a multi-month lockdown. You can do this! We will support you every step of the way with training plans, training groups, tons of encouragement, and fantastic fundraising rewards. And if Chicago has not opened up for large events this fall, we will host smaller races in the Chicago area and Central Illinois. No matter the challenges, running is not canceled! Generosity and hope for hungry families in Central America are not canceled!
02 TRAIN WITH OUR TEAM
- We have a 12 week training program for both runners & run/walkers.
03 FUNDRAISE TO HELP FAMILIES IN CENTRAL AMERICA THRIVE
- Raise funds with family and friends. A $30 donation helps a family in Central America thrive for a year.
- The minimum fundraising goal is $600, but you can set your goal as high as you want! This covers all race registration fees ($100 value).
- All funds raised will go directly to ENLACE. ENLACE works with church leaders in Central America to design and manage sustainable community development projects such as homes for single moms, small loans for farmers, new school buildings, medical clinics and much more! (Learn more at enlace.link)
04 RUN THE CHICAGO HALF MARATHON
- You can run or run/walk. Our team is for everyone!
- The race is scheduled for September 29
- The entire race route is in Jackson Park and along the Lake Shore. It is a beautiful route during a beautiful time of year!
- Check out our website: RunForCentralAmerica.com
- Reach out to the Team Coordinator Mark Haugen at: email@example.com