Long Beach Half Marathon 2020
October 4th, 2020
Gyms and recreational facilities have been closed, but the streets have remained open for training, and the Long Beach Half Marathon is waiting for you this October 4th! Now more than ever, your health and well-being matter. At this same time, families in Central America are facing extreme hunger after not having been able to work and earn money during a multi-month lockdown. You can do this! We will support you every step of the way with training plans, training groups, tons of encouragement, and fantastic fundraising rewards. And if Long Beach has not opened up for large events this fall, we will host our own smaller race event in Orange County. No matter the challenges, running is not canceled! Generosity and hope for hungry families in Central America are not canceled!
02 TRAIN WITH OUR TEAM
- We have a 12 week training program for both runners & run/walkers.
03 FUNDRAISE TO HELP FAMILIES IN CENTRAL AMERICA THRIVE
- Raise funds with family and friends. A $30 donation helps a family in Central America thrive for a year.
- The minimum fundraising goal is $600, but you can set your goal as high as you want! This covers all race registration fees ($100 value).
- All funds raised will go directly to ENLACE. ENLACE works with church leaders in Central America to design and manage sustainable community development projects such as homes for single moms, small loans for farmers, new school buildings, medical clinics and much more! (Learn more at enlace.link)
04 RUN THE LONG BEACH HALF MARATHON
- You can run or run/walk. Our team is for everyone!
- The race is scheduled for October 13
- It is a beautiful route during a beautiful time of year!
- Check out our website: RunForCentralAmerica.com
- Reach out to the Team Coordinator Mark Haugen at: email@example.com